Thursday 25 April 2013

A Interactive Still life



Scott Ganer a designer from Texas, came up with the idea of creating an interactive still life. The Still Life is an interactive gallery piece that takes traditional still life painting into the fourth dimension with a motion-sensitive frame on a rotating mount. He says that "Years ago I had the idea of a still life painting that wasn’t so still, but could never quite wrap my head around how to build it. After various experiments and explorations, I settled on Unity 3D as the ideal tool to make it happen."

So how did he do it? He uses a custom-framed television connected to a rotating mount that has spatial sensor attached to the back of the television. Then the rest is just a bit of fancy software.

It really is a great new out look to still life in a digital age.  To see more of hir work : Scott Ganer Feel free to email me your favourite Artist work that you have found. visit my website for more: www.darrenbarnard.co.za





 Awesome video showing it in action




Thx for reading my blog. Leave a comment down below or email me and  let me know what you think :-) 
Check out my website @  http://www.darrenbarnard.co.za/



No comments:

Post a Comment