Friday 5 April 2013

Amazing Sewing Buttons Art



Have you ever looked at a piano or some balloons and wondered could i make it out of buttons. No, neither have i. Augusto Esquivel a Miami based artist creates the most incredible sculptures from thousands and thousands of sewing buttons. The Augusto patiently and carefully places these newly found tiny multi-colored art materials on a fishing line and builds magnificent artworks. He has already made quite a few of them, including a Mona lisa, a harp, a gramophone, a fire extinguisher and many more.

Augusto says:  " I am often obsessed with comparisons of reality and potential and the balance between them, in art: the idea of chaos in perfect order: an object seemingly solid to the eye can also be fragile and inconsistent to the touch; a common object used to create a piece of art becomes transformed into something complicated and intriguing.

I realize how insignificant and small a simple sewing button can be as it lays in my grandmother’s sewing box, but at the same time how unique and precious it can become as part of a work of art. Like an atom in a molecule, each button serves and shapes the whole. I hold the button to my ear and it whispers to me, “I want to be…..”

These are some of my favorites of his works, to see more  visit:  Augusto Esquivel and feel free to send me your favorite Artist work that you have found. 


























Thank's for reading my blog. Leave a comment down below and  let me know what you think :-)
Check out my website @  http://www.darrenbarnard.co.za/



No comments:

Post a Comment