Monday 13 May 2013

Amazing 3D Pavement Art


Julian Beever a UK artist is known all over the world for his pavement drawings, more especially his 3D illusions, drawn in a special distortion to create an impression of 3D when seen from one particular viewpoint.
He developed his 3 dimensional or "anamorphic" pavement drawings out of curiosity and a love of the medium.. These became well known in early 2000’s and commercial  commissions followed.
"I got started when I was in a pedestrian street in Brussels where an old garden had been removed. This left an unusual rectangle of paving slabs which gave me the idea to convert this in to a drawn swimming pool in the middle of the high street! It worked so well I tried other variations such as a well with people falling in. I soon realized that if you could make things appear to go into the pavement you could equally make them appear to stand out of it." says Beever.
Each drawing must be seen from one special viewpoint and if the viewer moves from it the illusion is lost and the drawing becomes an unrecognizable distortion.
"My work appeals literally to the man (and woman) in the street and is not confined in galleries or limited by the gallery system". says Beever.
These are some of my favorites from his collection.  To see more of this work : Julian Beever Feel free to email me your favourite Artist work. visit my website for more: www.darrenbarnard.co.za



















Thank's for reading my blog. Leave a comment down below and  let me know what you think :-)
Check out my website @  http://www.darrenbarnard.co.za/


2 comments:

  1. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. pavement signs

    ReplyDelete
  2. The museum offers permanent exhibitions that include American Western life along with the agricultural artifacts and various artistic items. It also houses western art collections of Best commercial paving company Amarillo

    ReplyDelete