Thursday 13 June 2013

AMAZING FINGER PAINTING


Although "Finger painting" is normally associated with messy kids classroom art projects, Iris Scott is breaking the rules and oil painting with her fingertips. On her trip to Thailand, Iris was working on a painting in a nicely air-conditioned room when she realized that in order to switch to color yellow she needed to go out into the heat to clean her brushes. Not tempted by the idea, Iris added several yellow touches with her fingers. “I knew within 10 strokes that finger painting with oils was what I would spend the rest of my life doing,” she says.


Iris paints with a pair of surgical gloves on, and her finger moves resembles those of a pianist as she touches multiple points on the canvas at the same time. This is how she achieves the vibrant impressionistic effect in her works. “I see the world through ‘finger painted’ colored glasses,” says the artist. “I paint what I see. Finger paintings are hiding everywhere, sometimes I catch them when I’m walking down the sidewalk, or lounging in a living room. I search for color relationships, and intriguing forms.” As of now, finger painting is not just for kids anymore!

These are some of my favorites from her collection.  To see more of her work : Iris Scott. Feel free to email me your favourite Artistwork. visit my website for more: www.darrenbarnard.co.za

Slippery Sidewalk


Shakin off the Blues


Shakin off the Blues - how it was painted 


Coming Down The Pike

Nueve

One Fish Two fish

 Counting His White Sheep

 Volkswagen Yellow

 Three Daisies

 Fox Fire

 Layla

 Lime Stone Creek

 Purple Rain


About Iriss Scott and Her Proses


Thank's for reading my blog. Leave a comment down below and  let me know what you think :-)

Check out my website @  http://www.darrenbarnard.co.za/ & Please Donate.

1 comment: